There is a wide array of products available in category of sewing machines that one can choose from. The article focuses on the top 10 sewing machines of 2016 on the basis of the ten features that must be kept in consideration for buying a sewing machine. These features help you to find the best product that suits your requirements. The fist thing that you must consider before buying the sewing machine is the purpose of buying and sewing needs that you have. The 10 features that can help you in choosing the sewing machine for your particular requirements are as follow:
- Maximum Sewing Speed (Stitches Per Minute): This is quite important for completing the stitching works quickly. The best speed for the machine in the top ten is 1100 stitches per minute in the range of 660 to 1100 stitched per minutes.
- Built-in Sewing Stitches: These are the type of stitched that are available in the machine. The best model is having 50 stitching styles to suit different requirements.
- Buttonhole Stitch styles: It is important for making the buttonholes on the garments. There are three button hole styles that are available in these top 10 models ranging from the 8-1-step style 7-1 step and 1-4 step styles.
- Stitch Width: This is the feature is required for concealing stitch style works that are essential in working on the silky garments. The maximum width is 7mm in the range of 5 mm to 7mm.
- Stitch Length: It is again important for stitching the works that require long stitches like the quilting or others.
- Quick-Set Bobbin: This is required for easier functioning of the machine. This helps in reducing the time consumed in setting the bobbin.
- Start/Stop Button: All these machines are coming with the start and stop button making them perfect for easy operations. Now the user can easily start or shut the machine from the push button.
- Speed Control: The speed control function allows the user to set the speed as per own preferences. It supports in operating the machine in an easier way.
- Needle Position Key: This is required for setting the needle on the defined stitch line as per the requirements. This helps in easy flow of stitching without changing the position of the clothes.
- Drop Feed/Free Motion: The user can set the motion of the machine and it will carry on the stitching task as per the settings. It reduces a lot of stress during the routine style stitching.
Top 10 sewing machines of 2016
- Brother XR9500PRW
- Janome 2212 Sewing Machine
- SINGER 2259 Tradition
- Brother XL2600I
- Brother CS6000i
- SINGER 7258
- SINGER 9960
- Singer Sewing 4432
- Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW
- Brother Project Runway CE7070PRW
These ten machines are considered as the best of 2016 on the basis of the above features. These machines have all the features detailed above with slight variation as per the models and specified usage. The Brother XR9500 PRW is considered as the best in top ten due to the maximum utility based on these features.