The ability to visually document important events in our lives has never been easier. Like our wallets and mobile devices, digital cameras have become one of those must-have items that we never leave home without. Whether you’re going on a holiday, attending a wedding or in the delivery room for the birth of your child; a digital camera can immortalize any precious moment in your life. Thanks to the lightning-speed advancements in technology, there are multiple camera options to choose from. Here are the top 20 best digital cameras under 100 dollars.
- Sony DSCW800/B
- MP Super HAD CCD sensor
- Sony Lens w/ 5x Optical Zoom
- Reduced blur with SteadyShot Image stabilization
- Record videos in 720p HD Movie mode
- Sony Lens with F3.2 (W) - 6.4 (T) Maximum Aperture
- Maximum Continuous Shooting for up to 100 shots
The Sony DSCW800/B comes in at first place. Its powerful 20.1MP Super HAD CCD sensor stands out in its ability to capture beautifully detailed images. In fact, it’s the only camera in the top 20 list with a 20-megapixel sensor. The menus are simple and the buttons easy to use. And with its metal outer casing, the DSCW 800 is sure to be the most durable and economical camera in your arsenal.
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5K
- 9-megapixel resolution
- 10x optical zoom lens
- New Panasonic Venus Engine IV
- 3.0-inch LCD; Mega O.I.S. and Intelligent ISO
- Captures images to SD memory cards
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5K lands in second place with its wide angled 10X zoom lens. The Venus Engine IV reduces noise while boosting detection accuracy and corrective effects.
- Canon PowerShot A2500
- Reduced power consumption with ECO Mode
- Record 720p HD videos in stereo sound using the dedicated movie button
- 16-megapixel, 1/2.3-inch CCD sensor, and Canon DIGIC 4 image processor
- 5x optical zoom and 28mm wide-angle lens with Digital Image Stabilizer
The Canon PowerShot A2500 is one of the most popular compact digital cameras. Its intuitive menu and superb photo quality have made it one of the top selling cameras.
- Samsung DV150F
- 1.5" Dual View Front LCD
- 16 MP camera
- SMART features - Social Media Upload, E-mail, Mobile Link, Direct Link, Remote Viewfinder, All share, Cloud Service
- 720p HD Video
- One-button backups of photos
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH20K
- 14.1-megapixel effective recording
- 8X optical zoom
- 2-11/16" LCD screen
- Optical image stabilization
- Focus quickly on moving objects with Sonic Speed
The Panasonic Lumix is designed to fit in your pocket for easy transportation. You can rely on this camera to take high-quality photos with its intelligent AUTO mode, which focuses your images, then further boosts quality with its four correction and detection functions.
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H55
- 10x optical zoom Sony G-Lens
- Sweep Panorama Mode
- 14.1-megapixel CCD sensor; 3.0-inch LCD screen
- HD Movie mode (720p
- Automatically optimizes camera settings with iAuto
- Smile Shutter technology
- Card slot for optional Memory Stick Duo media and SD media
- Kodak Easyshare Z740
- 5.0 MP resolution
- 10x Kodak Retinar glass optical zoom lens
- PictBridge compatible; captures QuickTime movies with MPEG4 compression
- Range of shooting modes, from fully automatic to manual
- Runs on 2 AA-size batteries
Kodak Easyshare Z740 is so durable and ergonomic that it’s a favorite choice for both beginners and professionals.
- Samsung EC-SH100
- Use Wi-Fi functionality to email photos, upload to FaceBook or YouTube
- 3-inch LCD touchscreen with drag-and-scroll capabilities
- 14-megapixel resolution with 5x optical zoom
- Face/smile/blink detection
- Wireless, automatic file backup to your PC
The Samsung EC-SH100 is one of the few budget digital cameras with a touchscreen.
- Samsung ST72
- 5x optical zoom
- 16.2 mega pixels, HD Movie Recording
- 3.0" Intelligent LCD screen
- Capture seamless panoramic shots with Live Panorama
- Mini USB connection
Samsung is a trusted brand and doesn’t disappoint when it comes to their digital cameras. The ST72 is ranked among the best budget models.
- Olympus VG-160
- 14 Megapixel
- 5x Optical Zoom
- 3" LCD
- HD Video
- Art Filters
Olympus VG-160 is a compact camera that’s perfect for travelers. Its best feature is the ability to shoot quality photos even in poorly lit conditions.
- PowerLead Gapo G051
- Dustproof and waterproof up to 10m
- Cold–resistant case up to -10C
- 2.7" TFT LCD screen with waterproof buttons
- 5 MP CMOS sensor and 8x digital zoom lens
- 2.7'' LCD screen records video
This is the perfect budget land and sea digital camera. With a 12-month warranty and 31-day free exchange, there really isn’t anything to lose.
- CCbetter CS710 Sports Action
- 1.5 inches LCD Display preview
- 12 Megapixel CMOS Sensor with Full HD 120 degree wide-angle lens
- Supports: Time Lapse, Digital video recording, Photo shooting, Motion detect, Panel Rotate (180°).
- Waterproof up to 30 meters deep
The CCbetter CS710 is versatile and lightweight; it’s the perfect first-time camera for sports enthusiasts. Take this camera along on any adventure; diving, surfing, skateboarding, cycling, etc.
- General Imaging E1410SW-CP
- High-speed shooting at 10 frames per second in full resolution
- Captures your videos in full high-definition 1080p resolution
- Automatically focus on fast moving objects
- Enhance a subject's face by evening out skin tone, brightening and opening the eyes
- Take seamless panoramic pictures
- General Imaging X450
- 16 MP Digital Camera with 25X optical zoom
- 2.7 Inch LCD Screen
- Built-in 8MB Internal Memory with up to 32GB support of SD/SDHC Card
- Electronic viewfinder, Optical Image Stabilization, Face Beautifier, Pan-capture
General Imaging X450 is a reliable, stylish, high-performance digital camera. If you fall somewhere between novice and professional photographer, you may want to consider the General Imaging camera below.
- Kodak EasyShare C1530
- 14 megapixels and 3X optical zoom
- Blur reduction image stabilizer
- Smart Capture and Face Recognition feature
- On-camera slideshow
- One-button upload to e-mail, KODAK PULSE Display, and other popular social networking sites
Kodak C1530 is your go-to camera for sharing all the moments you capture with friends and family. Use this camera to simultaneously send photos and videos to multiple social networks and email addresses.
- Nikon COOLPIX L30
- 17 Scene Modes
- 5x wide-angle NIKKOR glass zoom lens
- HD 720p videos
Using the Nikon COOLPIX L30 is as easy as 1,2,3, just select the Easy Auto Mode and let it do the hard work for you.
- Canon PowerShot ELPH 115
- 2.7-inch TFT color LCD with wide-viewing angle monitor
- 16.0 megapixel 1/2.3-inch CCD sensor
- DIGIC 4 image processor for exceptional performance
- 8x optical zoom with 28mm wide-angle lens
- 720p HD video with a dedicated movie button
You can now shoot longer with the Canon PowerShot ELPH 115. The ECO Mode makes its reduced power consumption possible. This camera also makes taking high-quality pictures easier with Smart Auto, which can choose the optimal camera settings for 32 recognized scenarios.
- Fujifilm FinePix AX655
- 16 megapixel resolution
- Fuji 5.9-29.5mm zoom lens
- 2.7" TFT LCD display
- 720p HD Movie recording
The FujiFilm AX655 is a sturdy, compact digital camera that was built to last. It is powered by a durable, rechargeable battery capable of taking up to 420 pictures before losing charge. Capture close-up and far shots with its 5x optical zoom lens, then review your masterpieces on its large TFT LCD screen.
- Nikon COOLPIX S2800
- 5x optical zoom lens, fully retractable
- 20.1 megapixel CCD sensor
- 720p HD video recording
- 2.7 inch 230k dot LCD screen
Nikon COOLPIX S2800 is a compact, lightweight camera. At less than 2cm thin, there will always be enough room to take the S2800 with you anywhere. With its 20.1-megapixel image sensor, intelligent autofocus and one-touch video recording function, all you need to do is point and shoot.
- Kodak PIXPRO Friendly Zoom FZ41
- 4x Optical Zoom
- 16.1 MP CCD sensor
- 2.7" 230K LCD
- 720p (Motion JPEG)
- AA Battery
The Kodak FZ41 would make the perfect first camera. Zoom, enlarge and crop without losing quality with its powerful CCD sensor. Use the 24mm wide-angle lens to fit all your friends or that beautiful scenery into the frame, and with its Facial feature detection, you’ll never worry about missing a smile.